A step-by-step guide to learn how to reset garage door keypad without enter button. It also includes some valuable information about garage door keypads and their uses.
Today, you can add as many security add-ons to your garage door as you wish. A keypad is one of them. These devices add an extra security layer to your garage door. Also, they’re cheap and easy to install and setup.
Most garage door keypads need the enter button to be reset. However, some models can be reset using a combination of numbers and symbols. In this article, you’ll learn how to reset your keypad without the enter button in simple and easy to understand steps.
What is Garage Door Keypad?
A garage door keypad is a device that allows you to open your garage door without using a remote control. Usually, the keypad is installed outside the garage, to the left or right side of the door.
Usually, keypads include numerical buttons in the range between 0-9 and other buttons with special functions. In most cases, the user needs to enter the PIN and then * to open the door.
Some advanced models allow the property owner to set temporary PINs for visitors. Usually, the temporary PIN expires after a few hours. Other models can control several garage doors at the same time.
Resetting Garage Door Keypad Without Enter Button: Step-By-Step Guide
Some garage door keypads allow you to reset the current programming without using the Enter button. Here are some examples:
Genie Garage Door Keypad
- First of all, slide up the keypad lid. Then, press # and 8 at the same time until backlit light stays on.
- Then, press the following buttons in this order: 3, 5, 7, #.
- After that, enter your new PIN and then #.
- Then, enter the door code, following the indicated procedure in the user manual.
- After that, put the lid on its original position.
- Finally, slide the lid up. Then enter the PIN and then *. The door should open at this point.
Intellicode Garage Door Keypad (Model ACSDG)
- First of all, slide up the keypad lid. The lid must be at 90 degrees concerning the keypad surface.
- Then, press and hold PROG and 8 buttons while you fully open the lid. After that, the indicator LED should blink once. Then, return the lid to a closed position.
- After that, fully open the lid.
- Then, press the following buttons in this order: 3, 5, 7, PROG. The red LED will blink once.
- After that, enter the new PIN and then press PROG. Then, close the cover.
- Finally, slide up the keypad lid. Then, enter the PIN and *. The door should open at this point.
Intellicode Garage Door Keypad (Model GWKP)
- First of all, fully open the keypad lid. Then press and hold these buttons in the following order: PROG, 6, UP, DOWN. Stop pressing until the LED blinks once.
- After that, press these buttons in the following order: 3, 5, 7, PROG.
- Then, enter the new PIN. You can only use numbers in the range of 3-8. After that, press PROG. The LED light should turn off.
- Finally, fully open of keypad lid. Then, enter the PIN and press *. The door should open.
It’ isn’t always necessary to use the Enter button to reset a garage door keypad. As you can see, some models on the market allow you to do it differently. These models are much more secure because the resetting process is a bit more complicated. So, it won’t be that easy for thieves to enter your garage.
Also, all the garage door openers compatible with these keypads use a complex encryption system. So, the wireless signal will be almost impossible to hack. So, consider these tips the next time you’re buying a new opener.